Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sunday Journal 4.12.15



I don't have much to report this week. It's finally nice out! I had a lot of work-catch up from our mini Easter vacation last weekend, and I finished of the work week by seeing American in Paris on Broadway. I was surprised by how much I loved it! It's actually choreographed as a Ballet, which I adore. I recommend. Be warned, it's a little long (just under three hours, I suspect).

Exercising
Monday - rest day (Sick)
Tuesday - swim (10 min) and run (2m)
Wednesday - barre
Thursday - rest day (plans with friends)
Friday - run (5k)
Saturday - quick bike ride
Sunday - barre and run (2m)

I've been quasi-training for my upcoming indoor triathlon, but haven't but all the pieces together yet. I feel like I've finally snapped out of my exercising funk and I'm really enjoying it right now! I'm hoping I can squeeze in a spin class this week.

Wearing

I've given up flats indefinitely due to plantar fascitis in my right heel (sad face) and purchased two pairs of sneakers to wear out in the upcoming months.

After some deliberation, I decided to go with new white canvas sneaks for spring instead of leather Adidas-syle, because I can throw them in the washer. My chucks are pretty holey, so I got a nice new pair of Supergas.


I actually haven't worn them outside yet. I can't wait to pair them with skirts and sundresses.


For the last few muddy weeks of March, I've been living in black Nike Frees. They're very NYC, and though they don't exactly scream "Spring" I think I'll get a lot of wear out of them on cloudy days and on route to the barre studio. These also have way more support than the Supergas so I think I'll wear them to and from the office a la Working Girl.


Also can I get Melanie's tights here? Her whole look is so on point.



I don't know what happened but I ordered this top online yesterday. I don't typically stray from GapFit for workout tanks, but this was calling to me! I love the sheer panels and the blush color. 


Eating


Let me get super suburban with you for a quick sec. The new Cold Brew Iced Coffee at Starbucks is really good. I picked on up this morning and sipped it through barre class. It's a nice, albeit slightly more expensive, alternative to the shitty regular iced coffee at Starbz. 

Reading



So I'm actually re-reading Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander) right now, but on Monday I stayed home from work and zipped through the third of the Bridgerton series, An Offer From a Gentleman by Julia Quinn. It was my favorite so far and not as cliche as I expected (the description alludes to it being a spin on the Cinderella story, but it has some surprising elements). Nothing like period romance in the spring. 


But back to Outlander for a quick sec....




I'm LOVING the second half of season one. I've read all the books obvi, but the show is an entirely different experience. Jamie Fraser was............................................well cast. 

Sunday morning so much better with Starzplay. Sigh.

Have a great week!


Hope






No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!