Saturday, February 7, 2015

Saturday Morning Journal 2.7.15


This week started off with another blizzard. My suburb closed down early on Monday resulting in my leaving work early. Manhattan has no snow on the ground to speak of while we have over a foot that hasn't had a chance to melt yet. It just starting snow again this morning, which is quite deleterious to my scheduled Target trip. 

Exercising
I'm going to try to push myself this weekend since my workday fitness exploits have been uninspired to say the least. I'm either bored or not getting enough sleep or both - is it time to try a month of class pass? After 20 minutes or so on the treadmill, I find myself packing it up and going home to drink a gallon of green tea under a blanket.

Here's how it broke down this week:
Monday - the gym closed early so I did two fitsugar videos - my best personal workout of the week. This one followed by this one.
Tuesday - ran 2.5 miles
Wednesday - Barre
Thursday - rest day
Friday - ran 1 mile, elliptical'd 1 mile, 250 squats, arm workout

This week's workout selfie is from home! I always do my at-home exercising in our second guest room - the only things in here are a small twin bed, empty bookcase, and rug - all of which can be shoved out of the way easily.

really cool shorts

Wearing



I've been consistently buying one or two garments every week since Christmas because none of my old clothes fit anymore. It's really frustrating; everything I can wear to work fits in a single drawer in my bureau. After spilling soy sauce on my only jeans, I had to wear a skirt to work. It's been so bitterly cold I went with workout pants instead of tights. It turned out ok, but I have two big meetings this week and no idea what I will be able to put together. 

Eating

This chili recipe - I was intrigued by the bizarre list of ingredients, which include a can of pumpkin puree, pineapples (I used fresh not canned), and coconut milk. It's really good! I recommend giving it a try for something different. I did not take a picture of it because it would have looked like garbage, but I promise it's delicious.

another exceptional food photo

I'm also riding the spiralizing train hard - this is 3 zucchinis, a bell pepper, a cup of jarred tomato sauce, 1/2 a cup of cooked quinoa, and some parmesan. It's warm and filling, perfect for snow days.


This is what my snack bowl looks like lately. Help. 



Reading:

I read two Julia Quinn romance novels on my commute this week: The Duke and I and The Viscount Who Loved Me. I would describe them as "pretty good for what they are." I was in the mood to read something light, and so I did. If you like period romance novels in theory but can't deal with abysmal writing, check out Julia Quinn.

My mom was here and she left me The Girl on the Train by Pawla Hawkins - can't wait to crack it open!

On the Media

I saw Imitation Game with one of my girlfriends this week. I did like it, but is it really a Best Picture movie? I thought some parts of it were rather cheesy.

....Matthew Goode though. 


Ugh, that's all for this week. I'm heading to the gym to punch some stuff and then possibly overspend at Anthropologie.

Hope

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!