Saturday, January 17, 2015

Saturday Morning Journal 1/17/15

A little sick this week, but at least now I'm point with my Hulu game.

Exercising
Monday - Cardio Barre, with belly dancing choreography! So fun.
Tuesday - sick day :(
Wednesday - night out with friends - dancing?
Thursday - 1 10-min mile (recovering from previous night out)
Friday - Peloton Cycle Class

Wearing
I bought some Chat tights and cute cropped sweater at Athleta on Thursday to inspire myself to start working out again after a two-day dry spell. I'm obsessed with both of them. I usually wear cropped tights but the longer style is sooo nice in the winter so I don't have to throw my jeans back on when I'm leaving the gym. And I basically look like a ballerina all the time now.

dirty mirror selfie with m'dog

I've promoted this mockneck marled gray guy to Favorite Sweater status. I bought it on sale right before Christmas for $30 from Joe Fresh (sadly, it's not on the website anymore). It's acrylic but super warm, and I love how slouchy and casual it is.





Food
I pretty much stuck to my healthy meal plan once Monday came, but last weekend I did eat like 7 croissants. There is a small cafe my husband and I love in town that has the best croissants. (btw: I'm a pastry expert.) They always steam the soy milk I ask for with my coffee and they give everyone a little dollop of jam for good measure.

cantaloupe make it healthy


Also, I made this zoodle recipe twice because it's SO GOOD and so fast. I ate it with a scoop of pinto beans and an egg. Tostitos on the side if you're feeling dangerous.

Reading
Still working on The Golem and the Jinni - I didn't get a  lot of reading done this week because I've been so tired from being sick. I could only manage 10 pages at a time.

Next up I'm reading On Immunity: An Inoculation.It's actually the first selection for the new book club some friends and I have started that focuses on books with a feminist bent. I'm really look forward to diving in!

On the Media

On my Hulu binge I watched the pilot for Empire - it was entertaining but I'm not going to be able to keep up with it. I've already got the Vampire Diaries to satisy my TV Drama needs (Delena forevs*^*)

Confession, I NEVER watch the Golden Globes. I think I watched like 8 minutes when Ricky Gervais hosted that time. Like it's on during The Good Wife you guys. I'm obsessed with the fashion though, and as usual Emma Stone brought it. I was really into the idea of wearing a jumpsuit to all the holiday parties this year, but in the end I chickened out and wore a sequin skirt from Zara to everything. Now I'm re-inspired for next year.





Hope

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!