Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Line Items

It's a new year and I'm replenishing essentials and stockpiling gear for my health & fitness.



Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray because my Kristen-Stewart-inspired pixie cut is experiencing winter-hat-related difficulties. One spritz of this stuff and I'm like "oh yeah, this is absolutely worth $30." The formula far exceeds anything you can get at CVS and it smells great.



Clarisonic replacement brush head - deep pore cleansing. I love my Clarisonic Mia - it dramatically changed my skin for the better - but this replacement brush head thing is a damn Ponzi scheme. It cost $25.00 and the box said I have to replace it in three months, even though when I bought my Clarisonic it was advised I replace it every SIX months. I used my last brush head for about 10-11 months before it started to get soft, so I'm calling shenanigans. At least I got sephora points.



Clean Slate: A Cookbook and Guide: Reset Your Health, Detox Your Body, and Feel Your Best. I'll let you how it goes. I am super not interested in fad diets, cleanses, and restrictive eating, and the word "detox" in the title seemed like a bad sign. But I Amazon-stalked this cookbook for two days and ultimately decided that it seems to be comprised of regular healthy recipes, and since it's Martha Stewart Living I know all they will come out perfectly. And honestly I feel like I just cannot with another mason jar of overnight oats right now.



A Parsons Desk from Target. I'm trying to put together a home office and now step 1 is complete! This is pretty good for a $65 desk. My husband says it only took about 20 minutes to put together.



Sale beanies from Urban Outfitters. Aren't we adorable? This is what happens when you walk the six freezing blocks to Urban Outfitters on your lunch break with your friend. 2 for $20 special. 


Hamilton Beach Electric Tea Kettle. My husband ordered this for me after my five-year-old Teavana one started crapping out. I think it's good for the price, but if I could have a do over I would get one a little higher-end. It does not offer different temperature settings and it takes like 5-8 minutes to heat up. But it does heat water for all of your tea and cocoa needs, so, you know....whatever.


Also purchased but not pictured: Neutrogena body wash and running shoes that were on clearance at DSW (I always get Asics).

Oh, how I love the January sales!

Hope




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!